Rummy, sometimes also mispronounced as Rammy, is one of the most popular card games in India. It could very well be the easiest game to learn and play and has been an entertainer at Indian households and parties alike for decades. This astounding card game, that once required to be physically present and gather in order to play, is now easily available online. It is one of the best online Rummy platforms for both beginners and pros! The quick calculations and thinking of moves ahead make it a brain sharpener. The objective of the game is to arrange the cards in valid sets and sequence adhering to certain rules of the game.
The rules of this challenging and fun-filled game are below.
- Number of players and deck: In this game single deck of 52 cards are used and the turn moves in a clockwise manner around the table, minimum 2 players and maximum 4 players can play this game.
- Number of cards dealt: At the beginning of each game of Rummy / Rammy 13 cards are dealt to the each player. The cards are dealt entirely at random. In this game, the skilled players are familiar with playing against the odds and are quickly able to turn the tides in their favor. Due to this reason the game is considered as a skill based rather than a luck based game.
- Gameplay: Once the cards are distributed to each player, the first card of the pack is opened. A joker is randomly selected from the closed deck, whereas the remaining cards are placed face down in a closed deck. The player who first arranges all his cards into valid sets or sequence wins the game. Remember it is compulsory to make two sequences, of which at least one has to be one pure sequence (without a joker),in order to win the game.
- Role of joker: A joker is a wild card that is selected randomly at the beginning of the game and it can be used to form a set or a sequence.
- Draw and Discard: Each player on his /her turn must draw a card either from the closed deck or the last card discarded by the previous player and discard a card from his/her hand into the open deck.
- Declare: When the 13 cards are combined in sets and sequence and in accordance with the rules of the game, the player can declare his/her hand.
Whether you call it Rammy, Rami, Remmy, Rummy or mummy, the game is lively and thoroughly entertaining for all. And as you have understood by now that the rules of the game are very simple, all you have to do is practice a few times and become a skilled player. For an extra incentive play Rummy at Gamentio and win exciting prizes like vouchers, movie tickets, cash and a lot more. So, create your free account on and start playing now!